Your Safety Is Our Commitment
During these unprecedented times, we are commited to your safety. TOCA Canada is guided by three principles: safeguarding the health and well-being of our guests, complying with the guidelines of government and health authorities and maintaining operational readiness for our community.
Starting on Tuesday, May 19th, the following changes will be applied to ensure the safety of our guests by reducing physical touch, maintaining social distancing, and enhancing hygiene.
Here are some of the changes you should expect:
- Limiting Center Capacity. We are reducing the number of sessions to meet recommended social distancing guidelines. For the current phase, we are offering training by appointment only, and reducing the size of groups in our programs. We are also asking players to be accompanied by one family member only.
- Notices and Waiver. Important notices will be displayed in the centres, highlighting all safety rules. Please take a moment to read these carefully. In addition, we have updated safety waiver which has to be completed before entering the centre.
- Physical Distancing. All guests and teammates will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from each other in the centre. The Trainers will maintain appropriate distancing during training sessions and will avoid physical contact with guests.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at entrances and throughout the centres. All teammates who are not wearing gloves will be required to wash their hands between sessions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE including masks will be worn by all Trainers based on their role and responsibilities. Trainers will wear masks during training sessions, but guests will not be required to do so.
- Signage. Appropriate signage will be prominently displayed outlining proper mask usage, health and hygiene reminders, and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the center.
- Centre Cleaning. All sessions will be limited to 50 minutes to allow time to sanitize each studio between guests, using products that meet PHA guidelines. The frequency of cleaning will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on high-touch surfaces including front desk, check-in counters, door handles, public bathrooms, handrails, and seating areas.
Most importantly, we ask you to refrain from entering the centre if you are sick or have been around someone who is sick until cleared by a healthcare professional. We will strictly be enforcing the health guidelines and reporting requirements by the relevant health authorities.
Many of you have expressed a strong desire to get back to the sport you love in our controlled setting, and given our reduced schedule, we are expecting high demand. Our team may reach out to you to address any concerns you may have and to do the best we can to accommodate your schedule.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your TOCA Canada Team