We’ve all been away from the game, and most of us aren’t as sharp as we’d like to be. TOCA can help provide all the quality touches you’ve missed in just a few sessions. Our technology-based training studios mixed with our experienced trainers allow players to train in a safe individual environment that can recreate game-like situations and improve cognitive decision making. Not only can we support players by staying in shape during this time, but players can add to their technical repertoire and improve speed of play.
Since the time we closed our centers at the beginning of this pandemic, we retained the vast majority of our team, invested in facility upgrades, and developed plans to reopen our centers in a manner that helps safeguard the health and well-being of our guests and teammates.
During this unprecedented time, we are guided by three simple principles: doing our best to safeguard the health and well-being of our guests and teammates, complying with government ordinances and health guidelines, and maintaining operational readiness for the communities we serve.
As we prepare to reopen our centers beginning Tuesday, May 19th, we have reimagined the center experience to reduce physical touch, maintain social distancing, and enhance hygiene.
Here are some of the changes you should expect:
- Limiting Center Capacity. We are reducing the number of sessions to exceed recommended social distancing guidelines. In addition, we are offering one-on-one training by appointment only, and 2 players per household only training sessions and will not be resuming camps nor group training at this time. We are also asking that only one family member accompany a guest during a session.
- Notices and Waiver. From time to time, we will be posting notices on the front door of the centers and in various locations throughout each center. Please take a moment to read these carefully. In addition, we have updated some of our forms including our waiver which will need to be completed before participating.
- Physical Distancing. All guests and teammates will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from each other in the center. Teammates have been trained to maintain the appropriate distancing during training sessions and to avoid physical contact with guests, even for greetings.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at entrances and throughout the centers. All teammates who are not wearing gloves will be required to wash their hands between sessions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE including masks will be worn by all teammates based on their role and responsibilities. Teammates will wear masks during training sessions, but guests will not be required to do so.
- Signage. Appropriate signage will be prominently displayed outlining proper mask usage, health and hygiene reminders, and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the center.
- Center Cleaning. All sessions will be limited to 50 minutes to allow time to sanitize each studio between guests, using products that meet CDC and EPA guidelines. In addition, the frequency of cleaning will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on high-touch surfaces including front desk check-in counters, door handles, public bathrooms, handrails, and seating areas.
Most importantly, we ask you to refrain from entering the center if you are sick or have been around someone who is sick until cleared by a healthcare professional. We will strictly be enforcing the health guidelines and reporting requirements by the relevant health authorities.
Many of you have expressed a strong desire to get back to the sport you love in our controlled setting, and given our reduced schedule, we are expecting high demand. Our team may reach out to you to address any concerns you may have and to do the best we can to accommodate your schedule.
Finally, in spite of these precautionary measures, we understand that you may not feel comfortable returning to our center at this time. We will be here with open arms (well, not literally) when you are!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your TOCA Canada Team